Emergency Care at CMH
Advanced emergency and trauma care for the Hudson Valley
If you are facing a medical emergency, call 911 now.
Get directions to the CMH Emergency Care Center here.
The Emergency Department at Columbia Memorial Hospital is one of the busiest emergency care centers in the Hudson Valley region, treating over 30,000 patients last year. From life threatening conditions such as stroke and heart attack to common injuries and ailments, we treat a wide range of conditions with state-of-the-art technology and a streamlined process that reduces wait times and improved patient outcomes. While we provide the most advanced life-saving emergency services when they are needed, it is our goal as a network to promote community wellness through primary care practices to reduce the amount of medical emergencies in our area. Our ED staff provides high quality, compassionate care when you need it most. While we serve high volumes of patients each year, we make it our priority to take the time and attention required for those suffering from traumatizing medical emergencies. When you walk through our doors, it becomes our mission to make you or your loved one feel at-ease and comforted while facing a medical emergency. All of our Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are certified in a myriad of different emergency specialties, from including injuries and ailments, to stroke and heart attack care. In addition to our highly-trained staff, CMH has access to many of the nation’s leading specialists, and the world’s top care centers. Our state-of-the-art technology and streamlined processes help reduce wait times by allowing our professionals to diagnose and treat medical emergencies with ease. The ED at CMH is open and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learn more about emergency care at CMH:
- When to call 911: Deciding whether your situation is a true medical emergency. Learn more.
- Visitor Information: Helpful facts for patients and visitors. Learn more.
- What to Expect in the E.R.: Here’s what patients need to know when they arrive in the ED. Learn more.
- Minimal Wait ED: Reducing wait times with new processes and technology. Learn more.
- Fast Track Emergency Care: Facilitating the care of non-critical emergencies in a timely setting. Learn more.
- Stroke & Cardiac Emergency Care: Cutting-edge technology to quickly treat symptoms, and access to specialists 24/7/365. Learn more.
- Rapid Care Center, Valatie: Fast access to care for injuries and common services. Learn more.
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS): Responding to emergencies to save lives in our community. Learn more.
- Forensic Examiner Program: A DOH designated 24-hour Center of Excellence. Learn more.
- Observation Unit: Monitoring outpatient’s conditions to determine if they need to be admitted. Learn more.
- Psychiatric Evaluation Area: Helping to expedite the healing process in the ED. Learn more.
- State-of-the-Art ED Technology: Offering cutting-edge technology and imaging. Learn more.
- Kid Friendly ED / Pediatric care: Helping families when children face medical emergencies. Learn more.
- Teddy Bear Clinics: Helping children overcome the fear of Emergency Care. Learn more.
- The Emergency Services Team: Learn about the people who make our ED the best in the area. Learn more.