CMH LUNG & RESPIRATORY SERVICES
Our specialists will diagnose and manage your respiratory conditions. Whether you’re dealing with asthma, sleep apnea or a common cold, the pulmonology department at CMH can help you breathe easy.
For most people, breathing isn’t something you have to think about. Your body is on auto-pilot, pulling in oxygen and exhaling toxins. It’s so simple, we do it in our sleep. That’s why it can be so frustrating and scary when you or your loved one experiences difficulty breathing.
Pulmonology is a branch of internal medicine that studies and treats diseases affecting the lungs and respiratory system. Our specialists at CMH can diagnose, treat and manage all common respiratory conditions.
Respiratory Conditions Treated at CMH
- Pneumonia: An infection in the lung
- Bronchitis: A chest cold that causes lung airways to swell
- Emphysema: Difficulty breathing, often due to smoking
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease): Chronic bronchitis and emphysema
- Tuberculosis: A bacterial infection in the lung
- Sleep apnea: Disrupted breathing while sleeping
- Asthma: Coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness
Treating Heart and Lung Conditions
Many areas of CMH expertise combine to make up our Cardiopulmonary Department. Cardiologists, Pulmonologists, and Respiratory Therapists come together to provide comprehensive care around the clock, seven days a week.
Technology and comfort come together to help you breathe easier
Every patient who visits the Cardiopulmonary Department at CMH is treated and cared for by a Licensed Respiratory Therapist Board Certified Cardiac Sonographer, and Certified Level II Cardio Tech who uses the latest technology to diagnose patients who have heart or lung conditions such as Asthma, COPD, and Acute Cardiac conditions.
Tests we perform:
- Complete Pulmonary Function Testing. Includes Pre/Post Bronchodilator, Lung Volumes, and Diffusion studies
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
- Transthoracic and Trans-esophageal Echocardiograms
- Holter Monitoring, Loop device implanting and analysis
- Cardiac Stress Testing, Both treadmill and Chemical
- EEG and EKG acquisition and analysis
- Non-Invasive Ventilation (CPAP and BIPAP) therapy
For patients in need of Critical Care medicine, our state-of-the-art critical care ventilators provide the most effective modes of Non-Invasive and Invasive ventilation and monitoring. This sophisticated equipment allows our community to receive a state of the art, high level of care within our ICU and ER. Our Critical Care Pulmonologists, Respiratory Therapists, and Nurses are all ACLS certified and highly skilled Critical Care experts.
Our new, state of the art capabilities in our Echo Lab are capable of both 2D and 3D image acquisition. This allows our Cardiologists the ability to assess heart function immediately non-invasively. If a higher level of invasive diagnostic tests are warranted, we also perform the highly specialized TEE, a procedure that allows pictures of the heart to be taken from inside the body, providing a better image. This procedure is performed in conjunction with a Cardiologist and Anesthesiologist with special training in this technique.
At Columbia Memorial Health, we believe an informed patient is a healthy patient. With over 200 years of combined healthcare experience, our Cardiopulmonary Department provides community education to residents of both Greene and Columbia counties for asthmatic children, appropriate medication and disease process education at discharge and are a wealth of knowledge. It is our goal to provide our community with the resources and knowledge needed to lead happy and healthy lives.
Columbia Memorial Pulmonology
71 Prospect Ave. – Medical Office Building, Suite 210
Hudson, NY 12534