Comprehensive breast care
CMH Breast Care is committed to complete and compassionate care through every step of diagnosis and treatment. We see patients with benign and malignant breast diseases, and those that are high risk or have a family history of breast cancer. We offer state-of-the-art cancer testing options and procedures that are performed in office or during a short inpatient stay at the Hospital.
Risk assessment and testing options:
- High-risk assessment, including comprehensive genetic testing for BRCA mutation & BREVAGen testing, using the new BREVAGenplus test kit from Phenogen Sciences.
- Myriad myRisk™ Hereditary Cancer test that includes a 25-gene panel to identify an elevated risk for eight types of cancer.
- Breast cancer recurrence risk using genomic profile tests such as Symphony & MammaPrint from Agendia.
- Breast Cancer Index is a gene expression from bioTheranostics test to determine the risk of recurrence.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Percutaneous excision surgery
- Excisional biopsy breast surgery
Surgery and other treatment options:
- Total mastectomy
- Modified radical mastectomy
- Skin-sparing mastectomy
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Male breast lump removal
- Lumpectomy breast surgery
- Axillary dissection
- Fine needle aspiration of cysts
- Solid masses duct excision
- Benign breast disease treatment
- Brachytherapy for partial breast accelerated radiation therapy
- Lymphedema treatment strategies
Dr. Samira Khera is a fellowship-trained, board-certified breast surgeon and vein care specialist. While serving patients in Columbia, Greene, and Ulster counties, Dr. Khera has become known as an expert in all aspects of breast health and vein care treatment options. Her area of expertise ranges from nonsurgical laser ablation treatment of varicose veins to genetic BRCA testing for breast cancer to leading-edge surgery techniques.