We appreciate your interest in Columbia Memorial Health and in becoming a member of the Columbia Memorial Health team. The first thing you need to know is our mission, which is as follows:
“The Mission of Columbia Memorial Health: To provide the people of our communities with access to safe, high quality, comprehensive healthcare services in a dignified and compassionate manner.”
At Columbia Memorial Health our staff are committed to successfully carrying out our mission. In order to do this, we work together as a team. Each member of our team is expected to adhere to certain standards of excellence. Before completing an application for employment, please review the expectations listed below:
- Performance of all tasks in your job description in the most professional and conscientious way possible.
- Approach patients, family members, visitors and co-workers with warmth, caring, friendliness and cheer at all times. (The patient is always right!)
- A professional appearance at all times and full compliance with Columbia Memorial Health dress code is required. (Uniforms are required in certain departments; partial uniform is not acceptable.)
- A willingness to abide by all organizational policies, including the Smoking Policy, which are strictly enforced. Smoking and Vaping of any kind is prohibited within any building or on Hospital grounds. Failure to abide by this policy is grounds for immediate dismissal.
At Columbia Memorial Health, competence and caring go hand-in-hand; one without the other constitutes inadequate performance. Using a health care organizations services can be an overwhelming experience for patients. With illness comes many other problems; financial, family, prognosis for recovery, medical procedures and pain – the list goes on. It is the responsibility of every Columbia Memorial Health employee to provide patients and their family members with the best possible care and to make their stay with us as comfortable as possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
Columbia Memorial Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the Hospital to insure equal employment opportunity in all personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection and employment, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, work location, discharge, benefits, and all other conditions of employment.
The Hospital has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer and operate in accordance with Federal, State and local laws as they relate to equal opportunity. It is the policy of the Hospital to hire, promote and employ qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, domestic violence victims, genetic characteristics, gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, transgender status, bankruptcy, or criminal conviction status.
At Columbia Memorial Health the patient is always right!
- Make sure all the requested information is filled in completely and accurately. Just putting "see resume" is not acceptable.
- Don't leave any gaps in your employment history.
- List job duties or skills that you have, which are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Write legibly, if you are handwriting your application.
- Applications not completed in their entirety may not be considered.