Advanced Medical Imaging at CMH
State of the art imaging for better diagnoses and treatment
The Medical Imaging Department at CMH offers a complete range of diagnostic and interventional services in general radiology and subspecialty areas. Our board certified radiologists are specially trained on state of the art equipment to interpret exams, and our technologists are all NYSDOH licensed, ARRT registered, and trained to complete procedures quickly and accurately.
Patients can call our Medical Imaging Scheduling Department at 518.828.8224 to make an imaging appointment at our Valatie, Hudson or Catskill locations.
For your convenience, we also offer the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). This makes all of your medical imaging results available online for your physician, the emergency department and other specialists to ensure your care across offices or hospitals is seamless.
Diagnostic imaging services at CMH:
- X-ray: Standard x-rays produce images of bones, teeth, chest, and abdomen. These procedures are offered at all of our locations, and no appointment is necessary on Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. Fluoroscopic exams, such as GI series and small bowel studies, are only offered at our Hudson location.
- Open MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): Columbia Memorial has the most powerful, technologically advanced and roomiest open MRI in the region. It can be used by patients of all ages and is perfect for those who need more room than the traditional MRI offers. This machine is used to examine organs, tissues, and skeletal systems by producing highly detailed images with a magnetic field and radio waves.
- CT Scan (Computed Tomography): The CT Scan takes a series of x-rays from different angles to produce a cross-sectional view of the body. Columbia Memorial has an advanced 64 slice CT with the ability to scan full body and cardiac imaging to assess internal trauma, discover and determine the precise location of infections, diseases and injuries for faster diagnosis.
- Mammography: Columbia Memorial offers full service mammography care, including digital screening mammograms, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and breast biopsy to screen for and diagnose breast cancer.
- Ultrasound: We can perform general, obstetrical, gynecological, and vascular exams through ultrasounds that use high-frequency sound waves to create images. Ultrasounds are available at our Hospital Campus, Greene Medical Arts campus and Valatie Medical Arts building location.
- Bone Densitometry: This exam is used for early detection of osteoporosis by measuring minerals within your bones. Through this exam, we can pro-actively treat bones before they break and monitor treatment.
- Nuclear Medicine: This test uses a radioactive tracer to visualize bone functionality and internal organs, including: heart, lungs, thyroid, gallbladder and liver. Nuclear medicine is only offered in our Hudson location.
- PET-CT: This exam allows physicians to precisely locate cancer at an early stage of development. Using a radiopharmaceutical contrast agent, the PET scan images the biology of disorders at the molecular level while the CT scan provides anatomical detail. This allows patients to see a specialist and start treatment earlier. The PET-CT exam is offered at our Catskill location every other Monday.
- Vascular Intervention: Patients now have the option of minimally invasive surgery guided by imaging, such as x-rays, CT scans, or ultrasounds, called Vascular Intervention. This procedure is performed by the Vascular Group, PLLC, only offered in our Hudson location.