Laboratory Services and Blood Draw
Get fast, reliable testing at our nationally accredited laboratory
Great care starts with the correct diagnoses. Columbia Memorial Hospital has its own fully staffed and licensed laboratory to perform sophisticated testing procedures, provide fast and reliable results, and enable prompt treatment of many common conditions.
Staffed by Medical Technologists, Medical Technicians, Phlebotomy Technicians, and managed by a Board-Certified Pathologist, the laboratory performs nearly 1 million tests on more than 80,000 patients each year. It holds accreditation with commendation from the National Accreditation agencies of The College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Bankers.
Laboratory Services & Blood Draw
All locations offer a full-service lab staffed by fully trained Phlebotomy Technicians. For the convenience of our patients, no appointment is needed to get blood work. Patients must present with a completed and signed requisition or prescription from the ordering doctor. All scripts are valid for up to six months from the date of issue.
For any questions regarding blood draw services at CMH, please contact Laboratory Client Services at 518.828.8310.
Laboratory Services – Medical Office Building (Lower Level)
71 Prospect Avenue
Hudson, NY 12534
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Laboratory Services – Greene Medical Arts (1st Floor)
159 Jefferson Heights
Catskill, NY 12414
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Valatie Blood Draw Center
Ocean State Job Lot Plaza
Valatie, NY 12184
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Available 24/7, laboratory services include:
- Phlebotomy: Blood draw and lab testing
- Chemistry: Organ and tissue function; metabolic panels, lipid screenings, blood glucose, hormones, electrolytes, minerals
- Urinalysis: Urine content, mandatory testing programs, etc.
- Specimen processing: Identification, DNA testing
- Blood Bank: Transfusions, compatibility testing
- Pathology: Diagnostics; cause and effect of diseases
- Histology: Tissue structure
- Hematology: Blood physiology
- Coagulation: Blood clotting and bleeding disorders
- Microbiology: Infectious diseases
- Immunology: Immune deficiencies