Columbia Memorial Health is seeking a full-time Physician’s Assistant to join our growing surgical practice. This position will primarily be a surgical first assistant for gynecologic and general surgical cases, with occasional assisting in other sub specialty surgical cases. Responsibilities would include first surgical assist, immediate pre-op and post op orders and ensuring the surgical schedule is completed in an efficient safe manner, rounding on inpatients and performing surgical consults in the Emergency Department and floors. Call responsibilities are on a rotating basis for emergent OR cases only.
Our current surgical team consists of 3 general surgeons, 3 gynecologic surgeons, 2 full-time surgical PAs and one first assist nurse practitioner.
- Physician’s Assistant
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in NY
- Applicants should possess strong clinical and surgical skills
- Experience as surgical first assist preferred,
- Minimum 2 Years’ Experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hospital employed status
- Negotiable salary; guaranteed base with incentive package
- Benefits include occurrence malpractice, individual and family health care insurance, CME/professional dues, vacation and sick time, disability coverage, retirement plans, and more.
- Relocation and Education Loan payments – negotiable
Our Hudson Valley Community
Columbia Memorial Hospital located in the upper Hudson Valley region of Upstate New York, 2 hours north of NY City and 30 minutes south of Albany, NY. It is a 192-bed facility whose philosophy is “patient first”, emphasizing safety and quality in patient care. The area offers the best in/outdoor activities year-round as well as an extensive array of cultural and artistic venues.
We offer numerous opportunities for our Medical Staff to work in a progressive hospital whose range of services include state of the art Medical Imaging, a very active Emergency Room, five (5) Surgical Suites, and over 37 physician practices.
Columbia Memorial Hospital, a not-for-profit organization, employs over 200 physicians and Advance Practice Nurse and Physician Assistants on our three campuses in Hudson, Valatie and Catskill, New York.
We offer the opportunity to be involved in outside activities, to pursue educational opportunities, and to be a mentor for others.