Physical Therapy at CMH
Non-invasive interventions for sprains, joint replacements, arthritis and more
Physical Therapy at CMH uses a range of non-invasive interventions to reduce pain and restore function for individuals dealing with injury, disability or disease. We also work closely with our Bone & Joint Center for patients recovering from orthopedic procedures.
Our licensed physical therapists are licensed health care professionals with extensive education in human anatomy and biomechanics, and have a unique appreciation for the workings of the human body. They work together with your doctor to design an individual program to enhance both sports and daily life activities.
Depending on each individual patient’s needs, we have a portfolio of tools we pull from to design a personal program for recuperation.
Physical therapy options at CMH:
- Specialized therapeutic exercises to stretch and strengthen muscles
- Soft spine adjustments and joint mobilizations to improve range of motion
- Posture, biomechanics and lifting instructions
- Therapeutic massage and myofacial release techniques
- Ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat and cold therapies
- Step-by-step home program with exercises, rest, ice, and heat
- Sports medicine and personal training
If you are experiencing pain and disability resulting from an injury or disease, or are experiencing normal wear and tear from everyday life or arthritis, ask your doctor if physical therapy would help.
Conditions that can be treated or improved through PT:
- Orthopedic conditions
- Joint sprains and strains
- Bursitis and tendonitis
- Impingement syndromes
- Joint replacements
- Conditions of the spine
- Neurological conditions
- Multiple sclerosis
- Gait disorders
- Developmental problems
- Fall prevention
- Balance problems
- Stress and urge incontinence
- Women’s health including pelvic pain and dysfunction