Insurance, payments and billing
Get answers about health insurance, payment and billing options
CMH’s Patient Accounting Department can assist you with questions about health insurance, payments and billing for medical services.
Patient Accounting is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you have any questions about your bill or need financial counseling, please contact our office at 518.828.8051. To e-mail a question to the Billing Department, please click here. Please be sure to provide your account number, beginning with a “D” or “H,” and a detailed question.
- CMH participates in many health plan networks. See full list of accepted health insurance providers.
- Online Bill Pay: Pay your CMH bill online using the secure Online Bill Pay form.
- Prompt Pay Discounts: For uninsured patients, CMH is pleased to offer a substantial discount on medical bills, if paid in a timely manner. Learn more.
- Hospital Related Services: CMH contracts with a number of outside physicians and physician groups, such as anesthesiologists, radiologists and pathologists, to provide services at the Hospital and other locations. Patients may receive bills from these physicians or physician groups for services received while at CMH. So, some physician services you receive at a CMH facility may not be included in CMH’s billing charges and may not be covered by your health insurance provider. Click here to find contact information these physicians or physician groups and contact them directly to find out which health plans they participate in. Patients are also encouraged to check which health plans the physician arranging for CMH services accepts.
- Standard charges for items and services: Hospitals and healthcare networks are required by law to make available information about their standard charges for the items and services they provide. This information is available by contacting CMH’s Patient Accounting Services at 518.828.8070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patients can also click here for a guide to standard charges for items and services by Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRGs) for Columbia Memorial Health based on data compiled by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. CMH is listed as Columbia Memorial Hospital on this guide.
Other programs you may be eligible for:
- Certified Insurance Application Counselors: Our counselors help patients and families with no health coverage apply for insurance. Discover more about our Certified Application Counselors.
- Uncompensated Care Program: CMH offers a financial assistance through its Uncompensated Care Program, which allows uninsured and underinsured patients to apply for free or reduced cost healthcare.
- Cancer Services: CMH offers assistance for preventative cancer screening to the underinsured and uninsured. For more information and additional coverage criteria call 518.822.8741 or visit columbiahealthnet.org.
- Crime Victims: If you are a victim of crime, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Crime Victims Program. Please contact 518.828.8051 for more information or contact the Office of Victim Services at 800.247.8035 or ovs.nys.gov.