Insurance, payments and billing
Get answers about health insurance, payment and billing options
CMH’s Patient Accounting Department can assist you with questions about health insurance, payments and billing for medical services.
Patient Accounting is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you have any questions about your bill or need financial counseling, please contact our office at 518.828.8051. To e-mail a question to the Billing Department, please click here. Please be sure to provide your account number, beginning with a “D” or “H,” and a detailed question.
- CMH participates in many health plan networks. See full list of accepted health insurance providers.
Payment options and policies:
- Online Bill Pay: Pay your CMH bill online using the secure Online Bill Pay form.
- Prompt Pay Discounts: For uninsured patients, CMH is pleased to offer a substantial discount on medical bills, if paid in a timely manner. Learn more
- CMH Care Center Financial Policy Form: CMH is committed to providing you with the highest quality care at all our primary and specialty care locations. Our Financial Policy Form will be provided at your appointment for your review and signature.
- Billing & Collections Policy
- Hospital Related Services: CMH contracts with a number of outside physicians and physician groups, such as anesthesiologists, radiologists and pathologists, to provide services at the Hospital and other locations. Patients may receive bills from these physicians or physician groups for services received while at CMH. So, some physician services you receive at a CMH facility may not be included in CMH’s billing charges and may not be covered by your health insurance provider. Click here to find contact information these physicians or physician groups and contact them directly to find out which health plans they participate in. Patients are also encouraged to check which health plans the physician arranging for CMH services accepts.
- Standard charges for items and services:
Columbia Memorial Health Standard Charges
Section 2718(e) of the Public Health Care Act requires that each hospital operating within the United States, for each year, establish, update, and make available to the public a list of the hospital’s standard charges for items and services provided by the Hospital, including for diagnosis-related groups (DRG) established under section 1866(d) (4) of the Social Security Act. Effective January 1, 2019, hospitals are now also required to make available a list of their current standard charges via the Internet in a machine-readable format to be updated annually, or more often as appropriate.
To comply with these reporting requirements, Columbia Memorial Health is making available a machine-readable version of the outpatient Charge Description Master (CDM) and a listing of average inpatient charges by Medicare Severity Diagnostic Related Groups (MS-DRG, or DRG). The CDM and listing of average charges by DRG does not include physician or other professional provider charges, which you may also incur for services rendered. The pricing information contained in the CDM and listing of average inpatient charges by DRG are meant to be information and are not necessarily reflective of the patient’s final financial liability.
A patient’s potential financial liability is dependent on various factors that may include the charges for services provided, government established payment rates, negotiated payment rates by your insurer, patient co-insurance and deductible responsibilities, secondary insurance benefits, qualifying financial aid and prompt pay discounts.
If you have questions or need an estimate for services, please contact Columbia Memorial Hospital at 518-828-8051 or email us at email@example.com. We also recommend that you also contact your insurer for additional information about your potential financial liability, specific to your insurance plan.
Columbia Memorial Hospital Outpatient Charge Description Master (CDM)
Columbia Memorial Hospital Listing of Average Inpatient Charges by DRG
- Patients can also click here for a guide to standard charges for items and services by Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRGs) for Columbia Memorial Health based on data compiled by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. CMH is listed as Columbia Memorial Hospital on this guide.
Other programs you may be eligible for:
- Certified Insurance Application Counselors: Our counselors help patients and families with no health coverage apply for insurance. Discover more about our Certified Application Counselors.
- Financial Aid Program: CMH offers a financial assistance through its Financial Aid Program, which allows uninsured and underinsured patients to apply for free or reduced cost healthcare.
- Cancer Services: CMH offers assistance for preventative cancer screening to the underinsured and uninsured. For more information and additional coverage criteria call 518.822.8741 or visit columbiahealthnet.org.
- Crime Victims: If you are a victim of crime, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Crime Victims Program. Please contact 518.828.8051 for more information or contact the Office of Victim Services at 800.247.8035 or ovs.nys.gov.