The Birth Place at Albany Med is the only birthing center in the Capital Region that provides both the medical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities to support all childbirth experiences, from the most routine to the most high risk. They practice a family centered model of care and strongly encourage education and family support. The Birth Place offers a comfortable, welcoming birthing environment with access to all of the facilities of the region’s premier hospital:
- Private labor and birthing rooms
- 21 private postpartum rooms (Women are encouraged to room in with their infant, but have a nursery available).
- Board certified physicians in neonatology and a broad range of other pediatric sub-specialties.
- Around the clock maternal-fetal medicine and obstetric anesthesiology services.
- Access to the region’s only New York State designated Level IV Regional Perinatal Care Center and state designated Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (designations awarded only to those hospitals that maintain an experienced, highly trained staff, as well as sophisticated facilities).
- Access to The Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Med the region’s only hospital dedicated exclusively to the health and well-being of infants, children and adolescents.