Financial Aid Program and Certified Application Counselors
CMH offers a financial assistance through its Financial Aid Program, which allows uninsured and underinsured patients to apply for free or reduced cost healthcare.
CMH also offers access to Certified Application Counselors to help patients and families with no health coverage apply for insurance. Discover more about our Certified Application Counselors.
Financial Aid Guidelines
The Financial Aid Program administered by Columbia Memorial Health enables patients to apply for free or reduced health care costs.
- Residency in Columbia, Greene, Dutchess, Albany, Rensselaer and Ulster Counties for emergent and non-emergent. – All New York State Residents are eligible for emergent care services.
- Medicaid or Facilitator Enroller denial is required for all applications. The Department of Social Services requires applications to be filed within 90 days of rendered services.
- Exhausted their health insurance benefits
- Inability to pay full charges
- Accounts in collections
- No-fault/Workers Compensation
- Third Party Liability
- Pending law suits
- Private Room Differentials, Television and Telephone Charges
- Non-covered days
- Not Medically Necessary Services
To be considered your income must be at the below guidelines. All other assets will be taken into consideration. Once a discount is applied, monthly contracted payments must be established.
Family Size Income (based on 2015 poverty guidelines)
Approved Financial Aid Program discounts are for Columbia Memorial Health bills only.
Financial Aid Program Application
If you are interested in this program you may download the application here or read our Financial Aid Policy here. You can also contact one of our Financial Counselors for assistance at 518-828-8051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.