Lung & Respiratory Services
Specialists diagnose and manage chronic breathing conditions
For most people, breathing isn’t something you have to think about. Your body is on auto-pilot, pulling in oxygen and exhaling toxins. It’s so simple, we do it in our sleep. That’s why it can be so frustrating and scary when you or your loved one experiences difficulty breathing. Whether you’re dealing with asthma, sleep apnea or a common cold, the pulmonology department at CMH can help you breathe easy.
Pulmonology is a branch of internal medicine that studies and treats diseases affecting the lungs and respiratory system. Our specialists at CMH can diagnose, treat and manage all common respiratory conditions.
Respiratory conditions we treat at CMH:
- Pneumonia: An infection in the lung
- Bronchitis: A chest cold that causes lung airways to swell
- Emphysema: Difficulty breathing, often due to smoking
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease): Chronic bronchitis and emphysema
- Tuberculosis: A bacterial infection in the lung
- Sleep apnea: Disrupted breathing while sleeping
- Asthma: Coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness
At CMH, we can test your lung performance with a series of PFTs (Pulmonary Function Tests). Certain variables measured include lung capacity, strength and volume, which help us diagnose and develop a treatment plan. If for some reason we are unable to treat you at CMH, we will refer you to the best specialists to make sure you receive the follow-up care you need.
You don’t have to live with a chronic breathing problem. Visit one of our pulmonologists today and finally get that weight off your chest.